The project mid-term review
Despite the challenges of the current COVID-19 situation, the teams have made significant progress in the first two years of the project. This includes the implementation of successful surveillance and awareness raising campaigns; developing recommendations for rapid multiplication of the least susceptible existing elite varieties; evaluation and release of the first CMD resistant varieties in Vietnam; introduction of new breeding techniques; capacity building in tissue culture and diagnostics; development of rapid multiplication systems; and establishing a range of public-private partnerships to bring the research outputs to scale.
It is now a critical time to reflect on the achievements and lessons learnt; and plan for the remaining project period; and determine ongoing and new priorities beyond the life of the current project. The aims of the MTR are:
- To review the activities and outputs of the project to date;
- Prioritise activities for the remaining period of the project;
- Revisit the sustainability and scaling strategy of project outputs and activities;
- Identify and prioritise remaining or emerging research question and activities.
Overview and highlight presentation
The review format
- The review will be conducted using a hybrid format involving groups of participants connecting via ZOOM.
- The review will be conducted over five days from 21st – 25th February from 8am – 11am Asia time.
- Presentation will be pre-recorded and upload on the project website: Sustainable cassava disease solutions in Southeast Asia – Enhancing smallholder livelihoods and economic development (cassavadiseasesolutionsasia.net)
- Each day will involve online Q&A and discussion based on the days key themes. Participants are requested to come to each day having already watched the presentations related to that day.
- The first day will involve a live presentations and panel discussion with simultaneous translation in Lao, Khmer and Vietnamese.
- Discussion boards have been established for major topics using ‘Padlets’. Paticipants can upload questions or comments at any stage during the week.
|Date||Monday 21st||Tuesday 22nd||Wednesday 23rd||Thursday 24th||Friday 25th|
|Topic||Overview and stakeholder panels||Disease surveillance and diagnostics||Breeding and selection||Agronomy and seed systems||Scaling and sustainability|
|Online Q&A discussion||Zoom Link||Zoom Link||Zoom Link||Zoom Link||Zoom link|
|VTE, PHN, BKK, HAN||8am – 11am||8am – 11am||8am – 11am||8am – 11am|
|CALI||8pm – 11pm||8pm – 11pm||8pm – 11pm||8pm – 11pm|
|Discussion Board||Markets outlook|
Partnerships & Business models
|Breeding||Seed systems & Agronomy||Impact at scale |